Are you feeling hopeless, isolated and not your usual self?
Do these thoughts often enter your mind?
- I am worthless and can’t do anything about it.
- I feel guilty for just wanting to eat, sleep and be alone.
- I hate who I am these days.
- I can’t stop crying, which makes me want to stay away from others.
- I feel gut-wrenching pain, but no one understands.
- My life and the world around me are dark. I hate it, but I can’t change it.
If you have had any variation of these thoughts and don’t feel like your usual self, chances are you may be suffering from depression. Studies show that 1 out of 4 people will experience an episode of depression at some time throughout their lives. Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Acceptance and Commitment Therapy, and Behavioral Activation are three of the most effective treatments for depression. Working together, we will use the therapy modality that works best for you. You are unique, and I strive to individualize therapy for you and your specific depression.
I want you to know that you are not alone and therapy can help. Many of my clients find relief in realizing that their struggle does not own them and that there are many options available to once again experience hope and joy in their life!
If you are finally ready to feel like yourself again, contact me today for a free consultation.